Lung Chuan Fa
Kung Fu students and parents,
Registration for the 2016 Spring Session begins next Tuesday, February 2nd.
It was brought to my attention that the printed Parktakes class catalog is missing the Lung Ch'uan Fa classes. However, the online catalog has been updated as of January 28, 2016 for the Spring Session. The spring and summer classes will continue as they are now, with the same sash and age restrictions.
- The Kung Fu V and VI Saturday 8AM class is for black sashes ONLY. Students can sign up for either the Kung Fu V or Kung Fu VI class code, it is the same class.
- The Kung Fu (13-Adult) Thursday 8PM class is intended for all experience levels of students age 13 years and older (no exceptions).
- Both classes are one and a half hours in duration. I have provided the class codes at the end of this email for your convenience.
As a reminder, students should continue to wear their uniforms and sashes to class and bring all weapons to class.
Students of the Saturday 8AM class: As you may have noted, we have begun to work on 'ground' skills and are engaging in more partner drills. With a concern towards safety and respect to fellow students, male students should wear a protective cup to class and females should wear sports bras.
Any questions or concerns, please ask.
Shi-Hsiung Eric Robertson, 2nd HL LCF Black Sash
- Kung Fu V (6-Adult), Sat 8am: 1752457401
- Kung Fu VI (6-Adult) Sat 8am: 1752459101
- Kung Fu (13-Adult) Thu 8pm: 1752451701
Congratulations to all of the youth and adults who were promoted at the December 5th, Sash Testing!!! Fifteen youth & Adults Black Sash candidates, were presented their 1st Higher Level Youth or Adult Black Sashes, and all of the youth and many of the adults were also presented their family moniker. Pictures upcoming!
Shi-Hsiung Eric "Soaring Falcon" Robertson, will now be offering Lung Ch'uan Fa workshop classes at the Spring Hill RECenter on Thursday evenings at 8pm - 9:30pm for all levels, and Saturday mornings from 8am - 9:30am for youth and Adult Black Sashes. With assistants like Tai "Indomitable Tiger" and Alex "Formidable Lion" among many others, new and Established Black Sashes can continue their training now that Shifu has stopped teaching classes.
Our thanks to Sifu Reza Momenan and the Jow-Ga Kung Fu School of Herndon for his groups demonstration at the Sash Testing! For those not able to attend those classes because of time or experience level, Sifu Reza Momenan and his team of instructors will now be offering classes at Spring Hill RECenter at 6pm and 7pm Thursday evenings and Saturdays from 10am - 2pm. We have shared many Wong Tournament events with this school, and now that they bring some top notch experience and capabilities to the new classes. Why not try both?
See schedules under classes page for either Kung Fu or Tai Chi.
What a great Broadsword workshop ! Well done to all participants !
Thank you Lightning Jaguar, Soaring Falcon, Blazing Barracuda, Discerning Saker, and Sentient Ram.
Congratulations to Shifu Moffett for achieving his Krav Maga Defensive Tactics Instructor certification from Tactical Training Options Chief Instructor, Professor Marty Cale! Good stuff for our military, leos, and security field personnel!
Wong Tournament Parade of Schools - LCF (Dragon Lucas is behind the banner :)
Congrats! Summer 2015 Thursday evening promotions !"
Way to go Leah and Jenn for attending the Guro Dan Inosanto Seminar in Newport News on April 18-19 !!!
Guro Inosanto trained with Bruce Lee and has been in several martial arts movies. See more information at http://inosanto.com/
- An overdue congratulations to our newest Tai Chi Black Sashes
Susie Snowdon and Miriam Peters !
- Eric S.F. demonstrating how to penetrate an attack!
- Extremely helpful in a street fight with the Hulk!
- Way to keep the neighborhhod safe!
- Remember, strong root, strong waist, strong technique !!!
- WOW!! Terrific day for the 11th Annual Students' Friends & Families Demo!! Thank you all for your dedication and demonstrations!! Very Exciting!!
- Please remember no transitioning between classes without Shifu's permission.
Kung Fu Lung Ch'uan Fa is a system of martial arts rooted in Shaolin and White Dragon Kung Fu, as well as Yang Style Tai Chi Ch'uan. New students of Lung Ch’uan Fa (Dragon’s Fist Style) Kung Fu are taught basic self-defense and physical exercise training. The basic curriculum includes empty hand form sets, long and short fist punching and footwork techniques, stepping drills, and short and long range kicking techniques. Training self-reliance and independence is fostered while progressing from White Sash through Brown Sash, at which point the student is then teamed with other Black Sash candidates to undergo a rigorous 1-2 year Warrior-Scholar program to culminate with Black Sash testing. The advanced curriculum includes short range dragon fist techniques, evasive and counter attacking strategies, trapping skills, joint-locking, kuiai jiaou and tai chi ch’uan throwing techniques. Classical weapons, including the long staff, short sticks, broadsword, straight sword, and spear, among some other eclectic weapons, are taught during the basic and advanced curriculum. - See "Kung Fu" Classes page for more curriculum information.
After reaching the green sash level, students engage in sparring matches with body protection for application of technique as training for both continuous sparring and basic self-defense applications. In addition, training is offered for full-contact Lei Tai platform fighting for more motivated students who strive for more vigorous combative training. Further, ground fighting as well as specialty classes and challenge courses (Warrior weekends) are offered to supplement the group martial arts classes.
Tai Chi New students of the Yang Style Tai Chi Ch’uan classes focus on basic health-oriented Qigong and Tai Chi postures with gradual emphasis on learning and following the 64 movement Empty Hand form. As the student gradually entertains independent practice and can demonstrate alignment principles and progresses to training self-reliance, the straight sword is introduced. Gradually, the student also learns the broadsword, staff/spear, fan sets, and 2-person staff/spear set are available. Push hands curriculum includes single/double stationary exercises, then progressing to TaLu and moving step exercises, and the 2-man Tai Chi combat set is added. In addition, training is offered for full-contact Lei Tai platform fighting for more motivated students who strive for more vigorous combative training. Specialty classes and challenge courses are offered to supplement the group classes. - See "Tai Chi & Qi Gong" Classes page for more curriculum information.
MMA, Grappling & Combatives All students are recommended to augment their upright fighting skills with grappling, ground fighting classes, and practical self-defense/combatives classes that include fighting up from the ground. A Grappling class is offered to Kung Fu & Tai Chi and other students to bridge the gap between upright and ground fighting. See "Grappling & Combatives" classes page for more information. Specialty classes including "control & compliance" seminars and "weapon's retention" workshops are included for those interested in attaining skill sets outside of combat sports. MMA Group classes Saturdays at 7am!!
- In all curriculums, the students are encouraged to train regularly outside of class, participate regularly in class demonstrations and functions, and compete in local and regional tournaments when possible. As their skills and understanding increase, the students are also encouraged to utilize and improve leadership skills by assisting junior students, or leading group drills under supervision. Some students are asked to lead the group classes as part of their leadership training, and occasionally students move forward to teach their own classes. Some students are offered opportunities to assist at Force Protection Seminars through the F.I.E.R.C.E. Teacher Training (TM) program.
Shi-Fu Doug Moffett, 9th Higher Level Black Sash