Lung Chuan Fa
Update: 10/20/14 2:25pm
- Congratulations to the Youth Black Sash and Adult Black Sash candidates who competed at the Battle of Baltimore on Sunday!! Pictures soon
- Good start to the new class of Youth Black Sash candidates - Be on time 9:30am each Saturday! Complete each homework assignment on time, and be prepared to re-write if the assignment is incomplete. Remember to practice outside of class, and get your uniform and equipment ready for the 19 October tournament.
- Congratulations and thanks to all our Dragons for their Wong Tournament competition in our demonstration, forms, weapons, & sparring - Thanks to Tai Chi Dragons Nathalie and Ed for these pictures!!
- Fall Session 2014: Focus for the 8am class includes - Dragon Hand/Stick, Dbl-hand Sword. and all other forms; 9am Adv. Staff/Spear Techniques and all forms; 10am Un-named Form, 11am Basic Staff Form and Dragon Parts 1-2; 12noon WubuQuan, 1pm Eight Count Hand Drill & Basics! Please remember no transitioning between classes without Shifu's permission.
- WOW!! Terrific day for the 10th Annual Students' Friends & Families Demo!! Pictured above is the Kung Fu group picture!! Thank you all for your dedication and demonstrations!! Very Exciting!!
10th Annual SFFD "Year of the Horse" was a great success!! See "Special Events" Page for more details!!
- Fitness & Martial Arts Personal Training & Small Group Training now being provided by Shifu. Email/call for details
- See Lao Shifu's Kuoshu Insights on our "Training" page- click on this link 
- See the "Training" Page for more thoughts on Kung Fu, the martial arts in general, and the relationship of the teacher and student.
Kung Fu Lung Ch'uan Fa is a system of martial arts rooted in Shaolin and White Dragon Kung Fu, as well as Yang Style Tai Chi Ch'uan. New students of Lung Ch’uan Fa (Dragon’s Fist Style) Kung Fu are taught basic self-defense and physical exercise training. The basic curriculum includes empty hand form sets, long and short fist punching and footwork techniques, stepping drills, and short and long range kicking techniques. Training self-reliance and independence is fostered while progressing from White Sash through Brown Sash, at which point the student is then teamed with other Black Sash candidates to undergo a rigorous 1-2 year Warrior-Scholar program to culminate with Black Sash testing. The advanced curriculum includes short range dragon fist techniques, evasive and counter attacking strategies, trapping skills, joint-locking, kuiai jiaou and tai chi ch’uan throwing techniques. Classical weapons, including the long staff, short sticks, broadsword, straight sword, and spear, among some other eclectic weapons, are taught during the basic and advanced curriculum. - See "Kung Fu" Classes page for more curriculum information.
After reaching the green sash level, students engage in sparring matches with body protection for application of technique as training for both continuous sparring and basic self-defense applications. In addition, training is offered for full-contact Lei Tai platform fighting for more motivated students who strive for more vigorous combative training. Further, ground fighting as well as specialty classes and challenge courses (Warrior weekends) are offered to supplement the group martial arts classes.
Tai Chi New students of the Yang Style Tai Chi Ch’uan classes focus on basic health-oriented Qigong and Tai Chi postures with gradual emphasis on learning and following the 64 movement Empty Hand form. As the student gradually entertains independent practice and can demonstrate alignment principles and progresses to training self-reliance, the straight sword is introduced. Gradually, the student also learns the broadsword, staff/spear, fan sets, and 2-person staff/spear set are available. Push hands curriculum includes single/double stationary exercises, then progressing to TaLu and moving step exercises, and the 2-man Tai Chi combat set is added. In addition, training is offered for full-contact Lei Tai platform fighting for more motivated students who strive for more vigorous combative training. Specialty classes and challenge courses are offered to supplement the group classes. - See "Tai Chi & Qi Gong" Classes page for more curriculum information.
MMA, Grappling & Combatives All students are recommended to augment their upright fighting skills with grappling, ground fighting classes, and practical self-defense/combatives classes that include fighting up from the ground. A Grappling class is offered to Kung Fu & Tai Chi and other students to bridge the gap between upright and ground fighting. See "Grappling & Combatives" classes page for more information. Specialty classes including "control & compliance" seminars and "weapon's retention" workshops are included for those interested in attaining skill sets outside of combat sports. MMA Group classes Saturdays at 7am and 3 - 4:30pm!
- In all curriculums, the students are encouraged to train regularly outside of class, participate regularly in class demonstrations and functions, and compete in local and regional tournaments when possible. As their skills and understanding increase, the students are also encouraged to utilize and improve leadership skills by assisting junior students, or leading group drills under supervision. Some students are asked to lead the group classes as part of their leadership training, and occasionally students move forward to teach their own classes. Some students are offered opportunities to assist at Force Protection Seminars through the F.I.E.R.C.E. Teacher Training (TM) program.
Shi-Fu Doug Moffett, 9th Higher Level Black Sash