Lung Chuan Fa
Update: 08/18/15 10:30 am via Webmaster Mark S.R.
The Basic Staff Form Work Shop taught by Shi-Hsiung Matt was a huge success !!! Thank you Shi-Hsiung Matt !!! Thanks everyone for their "time and effort".
See the class codes below for the upcoming Fall Session of classes.
PLEASE REMEMBER: Students cannot change class levels without approval by Shifu! Please send me an email if you have any questions about which class you and/or your student should be signing up for.
Thanks! Shi-Jie Leah
Fall Registration Class Codes: LCF
Thursdays, beginning 9/17
- 6pm Kung fu (6-Adult): 1754464501
- 7pm Kung fu II (6-Adult): 1754454702
- 8pm Kung fu, 1.5hr (13-Adult): 1754451701
Saturdays, beginning 9/12
- 8am Kung fu VI: 1754459101
- 9am Kung fu V: 1754457401
- 10am Kung fu IV: 1754454401
- 11am Kung fu III: 1754451901
- 12pm Kung fu II: 1754454701
- 1pm Kung fu: 1754464502
MMA, Saturdays, beginning 9/12
- 7am MMA (13-Adult): 1754455301
- 2016 Youth Black Sash Candidates: Don't forget about a couple of upcoming tournaments....Tournament participation Required!
Sunday - October 18th, Battle of Baltimore http://www.karatetournaments.com/event_pages/bbalt.htm
- Congratulations to Shifu Moffett for achieving his Krav Maga Defensive Tactics Instructor certification from Tactical Training Options Chief Instructor, Professor Marty Cale! Good stuff for our military, leos, and security field personnel!
- Wong Tournament Parade of Schools - LCF (Dragon Lucas is behind the banner :)
- Congrats! Summer 2015 Thursday evening promotions !"
- Way to go Leah and Jenn for attending the Guro Dan Inosanto Seminar in Newport News on April 18-19 !!!
Guro Inosanto trained with Bruce Lee and has been in several martial arts movies. See more information at http://inosanto.com/
- An overdue congratulations to our newest Tai Chi Black Sashes
Susie Snowdon and Miriam Peters !
- Eric S.F. demonstrating how to penetrate an attack!
- Extremely helpful in a street fight with the Hulk!
- Way to keep the neighborhhod safe!
- Remember, strong root, strong waist, strong technique !!!
- WOW!! Terrific day for the 11th Annual Students' Friends & Families Demo!! Thank you all for your dedication and demonstrations!! Very Exciting!!
- Please remember no transitioning between classes without Shifu's permission.
Kung Fu Lung Ch'uan Fa is a system of martial arts rooted in Shaolin and White Dragon Kung Fu, as well as Yang Style Tai Chi Ch'uan. New students of Lung Ch’uan Fa (Dragon’s Fist Style) Kung Fu are taught basic self-defense and physical exercise training. The basic curriculum includes empty hand form sets, long and short fist punching and footwork techniques, stepping drills, and short and long range kicking techniques. Training self-reliance and independence is fostered while progressing from White Sash through Brown Sash, at which point the student is then teamed with other Black Sash candidates to undergo a rigorous 1-2 year Warrior-Scholar program to culminate with Black Sash testing. The advanced curriculum includes short range dragon fist techniques, evasive and counter attacking strategies, trapping skills, joint-locking, kuiai jiaou and tai chi ch’uan throwing techniques. Classical weapons, including the long staff, short sticks, broadsword, straight sword, and spear, among some other eclectic weapons, are taught during the basic and advanced curriculum. - See "Kung Fu" Classes page for more curriculum information.
After reaching the green sash level, students engage in sparring matches with body protection for application of technique as training for both continuous sparring and basic self-defense applications. In addition, training is offered for full-contact Lei Tai platform fighting for more motivated students who strive for more vigorous combative training. Further, ground fighting as well as specialty classes and challenge courses (Warrior weekends) are offered to supplement the group martial arts classes.
Tai Chi New students of the Yang Style Tai Chi Ch’uan classes focus on basic health-oriented Qigong and Tai Chi postures with gradual emphasis on learning and following the 64 movement Empty Hand form. As the student gradually entertains independent practice and can demonstrate alignment principles and progresses to training self-reliance, the straight sword is introduced. Gradually, the student also learns the broadsword, staff/spear, fan sets, and 2-person staff/spear set are available. Push hands curriculum includes single/double stationary exercises, then progressing to TaLu and moving step exercises, and the 2-man Tai Chi combat set is added. In addition, training is offered for full-contact Lei Tai platform fighting for more motivated students who strive for more vigorous combative training. Specialty classes and challenge courses are offered to supplement the group classes. - See "Tai Chi & Qi Gong" Classes page for more curriculum information.
MMA, Grappling & Combatives All students are recommended to augment their upright fighting skills with grappling, ground fighting classes, and practical self-defense/combatives classes that include fighting up from the ground. A Grappling class is offered to Kung Fu & Tai Chi and other students to bridge the gap between upright and ground fighting. See "Grappling & Combatives" classes page for more information. Specialty classes including "control & compliance" seminars and "weapon's retention" workshops are included for those interested in attaining skill sets outside of combat sports. MMA Group classes Saturdays at 7am!!
- In all curriculums, the students are encouraged to train regularly outside of class, participate regularly in class demonstrations and functions, and compete in local and regional tournaments when possible. As their skills and understanding increase, the students are also encouraged to utilize and improve leadership skills by assisting junior students, or leading group drills under supervision. Some students are asked to lead the group classes as part of their leadership training, and occasionally students move forward to teach their own classes. Some students are offered opportunities to assist at Force Protection Seminars through the F.I.E.R.C.E. Teacher Training (TM) program.
Shi-Fu Doug Moffett, 9th Higher Level Black Sash